Pregnancy and Childbirth/Maternity
Comprehensive pregnancy and childbirth services
Having a baby is one of the most exciting and rewarding times in a woman’s life, and Biloxi Regional is dedicated to providing expectant mothers and newborns with the finest care during this special time. Our high-quality maternity services are provided by obstetricians, labor and delivery specialists, nurses and other caring professionals in a welcoming, comfortable environment.
You’ll find the full spectrum of care from prenatal to post-partum care, including high-risk pregnancy care and advanced labor and delivery services. Our comprehensive care extends beyond delivery, with a full range of educational resources for new parents.
Biloxi Regional's comprehensive care begins in the earliest stages of pregnancy, with prenatal checkups and services tailored to your specific needs. You'll learn about proper nutrition and work with your obstetrician to develop a birth plan, choose a pediatrician, and get properly prepared.
High-risk pregnancy care
Perinatologists (doctors who specialize in high-risk pregnancy care) are available to manage pregnancy-related conditions such as gestational diabetes or preeclampsia, as well as provide specialized care for those with existing medical conditions.
Labor and delivery
Our state-of-the-art delivery rooms provide everything doctors, nurses and other maternal specialists need to provide you with excellent care. Experienced labor and delivery staff utilize advanced medical technology, and have the expertise to manage C-section (cesarean) births and other surgical procedures.
Caring maternity nursing staff members are available to provide breastfeeding assistance and education, and classes for new mothers are available. Include link to classes or other specific information here.
Support services and education
Biloxi Regional offers a variety of classes to prepare mothers and families before and after the birth of a child. A few of the classes offered are:
- Prepared Childbirth Classes: This program is a four-week childbirth preparation series for expectant parents. Topics include basic female anatomy, basic nutrition during pregnancy, common discomforts of pregnancy, prelude to labor, relaxation techniques for labor and delivery, stages of labor, the birth process and post-partum hospital stay.
- Sibling Class: To assist with the acceptance of the new family member, older brothers and sisters are invited during one of the Childbirth Classes. It allows them the opportunity to feel a part of the experience of Mom having a new baby, while preparing them for the responsibility of being a big brother or sister.
- Maternity Tours: You are invited to tour the unit to familiarize you with the hospital setting. This is set up at a convenient time to you during your pregnancy.
- Breastfeeding Class: This one-time session of instruction is available from the professional staff of our Special Beginnings Unit. After your baby is born, our nursing personnel will continue to assist you with any questions you may have.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation for High Risk Infants: Prior to leaving the hospital, trained CPR professionals will instruct you in basic CPR techniques and prepare you to assist your high-risk baby in the events of an emergency.